Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ladies, please...

Recently, I had someone tell me that I should be more inclusive of the happenings of women's ultimate while blogging here. I humbly agreed, and asked her to let go of my arm. 

Now that nationals has come and gone, and everyone has done some post-season recovery (and rehab), there is suddenly a lot more time available for ultimate that needs to be filled in. To do this, the prominent ladies in Brisbane Ultimate have got together and organised another season of the Women Ultimate Frisbee League (now, and forever known as WUFL). 

Registrations are open on afda- so, ladies, put your name down now! By all accounts women playing this league enjoy it more than the mixed leagues in Brisbane (no smelly boys, yelling and generally being jerks to deal with).

There is also a facebook group! Join the group for all the details. Get involved and make the most of this opportunity. I'm looking at HUC girls like, Jodie Dickson, Lauren Hillier, Lisa Roxborough and Helena Lambert, just a name a few. If you see these wonderful women around then encourage them to come on down, and give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment