Sunday, June 17, 2012

BUML: Penultimate round!

Way back in the beginning of the season we had a league wide wash out on the very first week of competition, so we're replaying it! Awesome you may be thinking, but that depends on who you’re playing and what that game means for finals spots.

Div. 2:

Heroes vs. Discheads - Easts 2

Discheads look like the Club's best chance at a finals birth, currently at 4th - 2 points clear of Baby Chimis. However, Heroes would love a win. I hear they could be short of numbers, Easts definitely feels far away for me (I'm out west in Jindalee- that sounds like a me problem).

Best of luck for both teams, but a DH win.

Agents vs. Disc-iples - Gap 2

Yep, it’s a cellar dweller game - but sometimes they aren’t that bad. The last time these teams met was back in round 8, with the Agents coming out on top. But that was April. Hopefully Agents can get some flow on their unders and work some goals.

Agents to play themselves out of draft picks.

Div. 1:

White Lantern vs. Poachers - Annerley 3A

I don't know but I feel like we just played Poachers (but that's probably because we only played them 3 games ago). Well its crunch time, to put it bluntly. If we win and go into the finals, as a contender -seeing how we've got a 1:1 head to head with Lovers, two 15-all draws against Poachers and 3 loses to Dyspnoeics. We lose and it’s another battle royal between Drop Bears and White Lanterns for the fourth and final spot.

Another damn draw. (Seriously 2 15-all draws is nuts, go for 3 in a row I guess).

2 comments:

  1. Cbeh "Easts definitely feels far away for me (I'm out west in Jindalee- that sounds like a me problem)."

    It looks like it's going to get even further!
    New fields at Colmslie Hockey Fields: 400 Lytton Road, Colmslie for next season.

    Maybe it's time for BUML to be split into an East/West Pool?

    Personally for myself it's a pain in the ass when I finish work at 1900hrs, and then have to try to get to fields which are miles away for a 7.20 start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy! that's almost the furthest possible field from the Heroes Treehouse! That's a 40minute drive! (plus the peak hour traffic!)

    ReplyDelete