Friday, December 3, 2010

It's time for a celebration!

It's that time of year again, and for the first time the Heroes Ultimate Club are putting on a little celebration! Will this be the party of the year? Who knows... but what I do know is that the best parties are made by the people that attend them. Thankfully, we have 30 keen Heroes members descending on Wests Rugby ground this evening striving to make this the best HUC party ever!

How will the evening be structured? Will Laura S retain her duties and to an extent chair the evening? Will the HUC president address the masses and instill in everyone a sense of pride, belonging and outright enthusiasm to bring in the new year with? Will Carl ramble on seemingly endlessly, reminiscing about the one time he was able to play a game and not get injured, or perhaps the one time he was able to throw a huck assist without the disc curving away from the receiver (jk Carl ily)? Will Foxxy prove once and for all that Canadians are indeed the better drinkers? Will Chris' Party Liason Officer skills be put to the ultimate test and will he have the foresight to organise the kick on?

All of these questions and more will be answered tonight! Will you be there??? I... wouldn't want to miss it.

4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this post all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canadians, and especially Newfoundlanders, are perhaps the best drinkers in the world. Tonight I will do my home land proud. Starting off by showing up with a decent buzz on already (if my after work function is as fun as I hope it will be).

    Here is a Australian - Canadian translation of beer strengths (with some american info too):
    Aus: Premium Can: Beer
    Aus: Beer Can: Light Beer (American Beer)
    Aus: Mid Can: Doesn't Exist (USA Light Beer)
    Aus: Light Can: Water (or maybe Half a Beer)

    P.S. I like how you spelled Foxy with two Xs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this post all morning. It has brought a smile to my face after the diamond and golden ducks that had Australia 2/0, then shortly after 3/2.

    I hope the evening is a very successful one, and I would also love to hear what is happening after the event, as I would like to catch up with everyone and hear how the party was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got an idea... HUC vs AUS cricket series. HUC would win every time

    ReplyDelete