Monday, April 18, 2011

The last couple of Mondays have seen me rise from my bed to greet a cloudy day full of threats of a downpour. But it seems that today is different, today is the day the threats became reality. Keen Frisbee blog readers (trolls?) will have seen that the rain has lead to the closure of UQ and recently Annerley as well, with Griffith expected to follow shortly.

What does it mean for us? If you would indulge me for a second I will pull out, dust off and consult the Heroes Ultimate Club Guide to Life. It seems that and I quote "in times of trouble, when the outlook is dark, when the prospect of a regular league match has been torn asunder, the only option available to followers is simple. It is to visit a local drinking establishment."

This is where the HUC guide to Life finishes. Leaving the specifics up to any who would dare to don the esteemed mantle of HUC Party Officer. And as it happens, that would be me. Upon examination of previous material such the 5 P's, the 'other' 5 P's and when frisbee doesn't win; I would like to follow the tradition and invite everyone to Archive Beer Boutique from about 7pm onwards and it is located at 100 Boundary St, West End (the good pub below Uber).

This is a chance to get to know your fellow team and club members without the pressure and distraction of having to chase plastic. A chance to talk to that cute girl or boy from your team. A chance to wet your whistle on some good quality drinks or food if you desire ($10 gourmet burgers).

5 comments:

  1. Good to see some effort and theatrics put into this post! I propose a boat race against Mellow Yellow or perhaps the smoking of a peace pipe with the much maligned Bermuda.

    I also wanna say that the burgers are better at... Grilld, next door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the only cute boy chris.
    ♥ from secret admirer/ heroes blog troll

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think dan wanted to ban anonymous posts over on the bub. Here is proof that they can be worth while.

    Did anyone win this party?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also Chris I'm a little disappointed that you let your Heroes Ultimate Club Guide to Life gather even a little dust.

    Although I can't really talk as I didn't show up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live my life through the HUC guide to life... doesn't everyone

    ReplyDelete