Monday, May 24, 2010

OnThePitch with an MVP

This time OnThePitch goes one on one with Laura Hampel. Before we get into the details of the chat, a certain disclaimer is needed. Please note some of the comments made within this interview do not necessarily reflect the attitudes or beliefs of any or all participants involved. Anyways there is no real need to take note of the previous disclaimer...lets get into the interview. It went something like this,

OTP: So how feel about making the semis?
Laura: Im excited (whilst eating cereal), like weve done it before but this time we actually have a chance.
OTP: During the season what was the point where you thought we could go all the way?
Laura: Probably the last two games, especially with the girls, and earlier in the season I didnt play a lot but I think now we play more cohesively and we played well, weve found a rhythm and its fun and enjoyable. If we keep that up we could go all the way...(I can't wait to have this for breakfast)
OTP: Whats been the best part so far?
Laura: Just seeing everyone improve so much
OTP: Like who?
Laura: Alana and the browns (theyre really good), and just the various skills picked up through BPL and training, I enjoy the quality of our frisbee.
OTP: So digging deeper, how do you feel about the leadership of the team?
Laura: I think this season theres been a lot more spread leadership and a lot more have started calling plays and directing the team.
OTP: So you mentioned the browns, Nessa and Chris, do you think quality frisbee runs in the family?
Yes except for Sebastian (Jks)
OTP: Ok we'd better leave that there...
OTP: Can you tell me about your famous rituals that you meticulously adhere to before each game?
Laura: Not really, I guess I try to throw some quality throws beforehand. I put my left shoe on first, I guess that's a bit strange. I love being first off the line and beating the boys down the field.
OTP: Rumours tell me that you pulled in the last game against baby chimis and I am reliably told that you pulled 40+ metres, is that correct?
Laura: Yes, well what can I say I have a good coach and mentor?
OTP: Can we expect this in the finals or as a change-up play?
Laura: (Laughs) Dstrel has been trying to get that to happen all season. I dont know, well see what happens.
OTP: Your nickname Laura D has given you a reputation amongst other Heroes and BUML players as one to watch, can you comment on this?
Laura: HAHA um... I guess that's my State NT netball rep skills coming to the fore, yea I really get a thrill by knocking that disc down.
OTP: Seeing as though you're a woman, let's move the chat towards the fashions on the field? Your new jersey seems to turn heads?
Laura: Yea apparently green is in! It's very green but I like it
OTP: Aside from the heroes who's the next best dressed team?
Laura: That's a tough call, Frisky time had nice shirts but their colour was odd, Mellow Yellow are always dressed well and ExQUTiste seems to spring to mind, pink always stands out.
OTP: Speaking of those two last teams, you might be meeting either of them in the grand final; who would you rather meet there?
Laura: Mellow Yellow, they're our favourite opposition team and they always seem to bring out a great game, plus we haven't played them yet this year.
OTP: Ok any last words about this year's performance, possibly a Heroes Best & Fairest nomination?
Laura: It's a hard choice, how about I give a range of nominations?   It kills me to say this but maybe you. Steph, Chris, Alana all deserve mention too!. Please I want to say everyone because weve all improved so much, I'll say the whole team has played the best and fairest!
OTP:So no nomination for yourself as the incumbent previous MVP of the league?
Laura: No, sorry not this year...

OTP: And one last question what is the best name for the Hero?
Laura: Well I wanted Huckman but it didn't make the final list!
OTP: Well sorry Laura I wasn't even tempted to add that to the poll. And that will rap up this short little chat; all the best for your up-coming semi-final on Monday night against the Cougars. This has been OnThePitch talking with Laura and as always this has been me, you've been great and we'll see you next time - OnThePitch

No comments:

Post a Comment