Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"It's worse than kissing you sister"

As the made famous by the Mighty Ducks quote, a draw is obviously worse than kissing your own sister. But last night nonetheless Heroes snuck in one last point to take the win away from Dyspnoeics and leveled the game at 8 all. Its a big call but I think the lights coming on very late cost the win for the Heroes... (What? fight me..)

Both teams played very evenly and the scoring remained somewhat close throughout the match. Dyspnoeics pulled to lead by as much as 3 drawing to the end of the game with a fast flurry of fantastically fluid scores. But the Heroes stood tall and got the game back to by within one at the last point. The game was definitely Dyspnoeics to win but as the old saying goes, Last point wins (Right...?) and Heroes probably came away glad to get the draw result in the end.

The match was played savage by the Dyspnoeic women and the men only had one sub up their sleeves but still ran hard all for most of the game. Maybe it was the lack of run at the death that allowed Heroes to get the draw. The late lights coming on probably cost the eventual win to the Heroes and I would say we could have won it easily with just 5 extra minutes. Memorable moments of the game? Hmmm not sure, add a comment if your itching to tell us... Will give a mention to Dave with some nice long D's that saved points - well done Dave for keeping us in the game!

Regrettably I rolled my ankle at the start of the last point and so today I took work off to ice and recover. Isn't it nice working from home? So I join the injured list of Mikey and now me. Next week both players should be back to full fitness.

1-2-3 Heroes

Just in case you don't read comments:

Mikey added some highlights
- Dave's efforts defending the end zone

- Hans leaping in to our end zone to score

- Carl (I think) throwing the disc up field to the opposition, which deflected off two dyspnoeics players and finally was caught by Chris

- Danny throwing the disc in to Dave's face, although I wish he caught it in his mouth

3 comments:

  1. fast flurry of fantastically fluid score

    Brilliant alliteration Carl.

    I had the unfortunate role of "head of the saddo squad" aka injured but must say I thoroughly enjoyed spectating the game. Highlights of the game for me include:

    - Dave's efforts defending the end zone

    - Hans leaping in to our end zone to score

    - Carl (I think) throwing the disc up field to the opposition, which deflected off two dyspnoeics players and finally was caught by Chris

    - Danny throwing the disc in to Dave's face, although I wish he caught it in his mouth

    I'm seeing the physio tomorrow and fully expecting him to encourage me to get back on the wagon next Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take Dave down a peg or two!

    I think he's only playing at 30%, and that he was in the right place to catch a few errant hucks.

    Discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave is playing on 30-40Km legs from riding to uni every Monday

    ReplyDelete