Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OnThePitch - At home with a thigh burner

Tonight OnThePitch talks with the injured Mikey Ricky Beats  Strelan with his views on the match last night. We've had to pull him away from recovery exercises for this special, one-on-one chat at home. As you can see by his Heroes vault picture, Rick really is enthused about his current injury that sidelines him at this present time.

Heres a bit of how it all went down:
me:  so how did we play last night in your opinion
mikey:  from the sideline it seemed wonderful, the best part was that all of our passes stuck, and didn't make the unforced skill errors we are known for
me:  hmm yea thats true, do you think it was a conscious effort made by the team to play better? Or maybe extra subs helped?
mikey:  to be honest I think it was just "about bloody time" - we've been together as a team for quite a while now and most of us have a few seasons under our belt... now is the time for us to come together and dominate div 2 buml
me:  I whole heartedly agree. What did you think of the coming of age of some of the newer players ie Vanessa and Chris
mikey:  chris is a dirty old man
me:  also agreed
 mikey:  but vanessa has really embraced her newly found adulthood. I think I misinterpreted your question mate
me:  well here at OnThePitch, thatll happen... Id like to press deeper into you. How have the last few weeks been sitting it out on the sideline?
mikey:  speaking of deeper, I've got a deep burn in my sweet thighs and by that I mean that I'm in the middle of my hip flexors as we speak
me:  Mikey we can't even pull you away for a second it seems
mikey:  I have really enjoyed spectating, despite the undisclosed desire to get back on the field it's been a great insight in to what we look like from the sideline and we look great - these new shirts are most likely the reason we played so well
me:  Well then, from your perspective who in Heroes looks the best?
mikey:  last nights game I was thinking about this ... initially I though Steph showed great strength and Chris had a good start too, but as the game went on I got distracted because EVERYONE was playing so well. Shouts out to Vanessa for a marvellous improvement, but also we saw a lovely leap to the end zone from Alana, great positioning by Megs, new found confidence from laura s and the not so unusual dominance from laura h
me:  Where do you think we can still improve Rick?
mikey:  uniform - we should all get white socks
 me:  and shorts? I was thinking white shorts for BPL and black for BUML? thoughts?
Mikey: yeah that could be a good combo, I liked the afl umpires on Saturday wearing green shirts like ours with blue shorts
mikey:  Also I think given how well we handled the disc last night we can start to focus on the drills that danny tries to make us do each week, which we can never master because we aren't mastering the basic skills
me:  Ok Mikey one last question
You've just been scored on in the grand final and the scores now 10-10. You get the Offensive play, how do you win it with a creative play?
mikey:  TIME OUT, get tomsteve off the field to avoid any hammers, thumbers, push passes, or any other stupid throws that tomsteve might try,... (hold on mate spaz is interrupting, apparently it should be called "offthepitch" coz im a softy)
me:  nice nice, i like your tactics already
mikey:  sorry I've lost my train of thought
me:  we'll do a 13th hour edit on the title
mikey:  All I was basically trying to say is to use your common sense, don't rush it, make passes that are guaranteed to stick and don't throw it away. I guess that's not really creative so if you want creative put tomsteve back on and pass it to him
me:  Tell me how your play would move up the field, if your 10m from the end zone do you hammer it?
mikey:  swing swing swing, pass up the field followed by another pass up the field. someone runs to the end zone and scores. call it simplistic but that's what I'm down for
me:  And that really is the basic premise of mikey's play: KISS. Not one for public displays of affection on the frisbee field from Mikey that is for tonight. Thanks to Mikey for giving up some time and we at Heroes Ultimate all hope your hip gets better soon.

Well there you go readers, it seems that even a softy spectator like Mikey, bound by the sideline enjoyed the game. And as always this has been me, you've been great and we'll see you next time - OnThePitch

4 comments:

  1. love it
    highly entertaining
    had me actually laughing

    mikey: chris is a dirty old man

    mikey: but vanessa has really embraced her newly found adulthood. I think I misinterpreted your question mate

    me: well here at OnThePitch, thatll happen... I’d like to press deeper into you.

    me: Mikey we can't even pull you away for a second it seems

    what a sensible young man!! white shorts all the way.. black and green is for chumps and ladies who don't like wearing white.. who knows why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does make me want to know the Heroes better ...

    ... so that I can stay away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the interviews, they're funny

    BUT

    Black shorts and black socks for BUML! White is for diapers! Or nappies or whatever you guys call them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. black and green?
    unfashionable!

    i wouldn't worry about white
    as Brick says in anchorman "The bears SMELL the menstruation."

    awaiting retribution..

    ReplyDelete