Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Discheads Chimi Changas

Monday night saw Discheads against Baby Chimis. The old mantra of "FIRST SEVEN TO THE LINE!!!" was lost on the Baby Chimis who started the game with only 6 members. Their other members came in dribs and drabs and we utilised the player advantage to go up 3-0. Against a team like baby chimis, who have the likes of aL and usually Fatty (who was absent tonight), becoming complacent and content with a certain score can see you falling behind again within a few minutes. After Chimis put on a couple of quick points we burst through the bubble of complacency and pulled away to a handy lead which we didn't give up for the remainder of the match.

Shining lights for us, that paved the way through the somewhat dimly lit field 5 were Chris B and the girls. I say "the girls" not because they were only good as a whole but because each one of them had an outstanding game. I'll mention Lisa first who scored at least 2 points. I say at least because I know that I (shameless self-promotion a la Carl) threw her 2 scoring points, she may have even scored more as I wasn't paying attention >< Bri also scored a few points and Jo also scored atleast one by running onto a flat forehand throw at top speed. Also Jo, after this point I went off for a drink and I overheard the girl marking you say... "she is just so fast, the girls on this team are SOOO good!" (no word of a lie). It would be wrong of me to say all the girls and not mention Katies impact on the game. She worked tirelessly in attack and defense and what was most pleasing for me was that Katie made really good decisions when she had the disc in hand. Back to Chris, well done you finally laid out for a score, nothing more to say bout your game. (jk u wer v good).

Well done Discheads, another win with final score of 12 - 10. Bring on Heroes next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment