Friday, October 8, 2010

Dojo gets the Mojo (just not the girls)

Last nights action saw the men in green stand on the line against the tall timber that are the Dojo outfit. Before the game Heroes were stricken with sickness, injury and late arrivals; Mikey did not pass his fitness test and MattB didnt even bother to bring his kit and Gav was tied up at work. The subsequent warm up, our in and away drill lacked luster and there wasnt a vibe about us before taking the line. Maybe due to the sever lack of game time lately...
Both teams put one score on the boards and then Dojo marched a the disc up score, and then broke us to take the score out to 3-1 early. We called a time out and I watched Danny take some meditating deep breaths. After the t/o we came away with the next 3 points including the above mentioned danny completing a great endzone layout to score. 4-3 Heroes. Then I believe Dojo used a t/o and gathered themselves. Again in the same fashion, they came out to take the half 8-4.
The game was played zone D by both teams all night. I felt that our puppy D was better with many turns being created with some dodgy swings etc compared to the Dojo 2-3-2. The heroes handlers seemed to get it through the front markers, but it was our decision making that let us down. Personally I counted at least 4 endzone throw aways made by me, that on another night would have come off, but not last night. MattB will have the stats on that later - not looking forward to reading those.
Dojo kept pressing away and in the end took it over a down trodden heroes team 15-7. As usual we were our own worst enemies on the night but well done to Dojo. One humorous fact we noted whilst on the line closer to the end of the game when matching up defense was the short line that dojo had on with Pallen, Steve and Fatty all off. Only to still have the average height over 6 ft, including dez and coops on their line haha.

3 comments:

  1. Better change that to read "Daniel".

    Also in my defence I believe I have a legitimate injury and it is not that I am lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my layout was much later than that, and do you mean that I was the only one to take Yoda's advice and meditate during the T/O?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I certainly did it too, just that you used it well

    ReplyDelete