Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wonder Woman!!!

Hello to all the wonder women of heroes!

I was talking to Carl yesterday about a heroes womens team. We thought it would be a great idea so I have registered it on the AFDA site.

If any of you are interested in playing women's league for heroes, please go and register here: http://afda.com/rego/showteam.php?teamid=8261

I have named us Wonder Women and put myself down as captain. Both of these things are subject to change should the team wish.

I seriously encourage everyone to play womens league! I love womens ultimate, it is different from mixed as you get thrown to more, get to play different rules, and it is a great environment to improve your skills. If you have any interest at all, no matter what your experience/skill level, PLEASE PLAY!!!

I know most of you have no idea who I am, or if you know who I am, don't really know me, so here is a bit about me to help you decide whether to kick me off as captain! I have just moved to Brisbane from Adelaide. I have played ultimate for six and a half years. In 2005 I established the first women's team for my club in the first South Australian women's league. I have been captain or co captain of that team for the last six seasons. During that time we have won two grand finals and last season we were undefeated and we won spirit! I have played three nationals with the SA womens team and about 4 mixed nats. I think having fun as a team is very important and I seriously believe that it is very difficult to win unless the team has fun together!

If you have any questions please feel free to comment here.

I hope to see you all on the field!

-Robyn

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that Robyn has had the initiative to do this. She's got heaps of experience and spirit and I think she's the right person to lead our women on the field.

    This will be so good for our club to have not only the men competing at the highest level but the women getting together and improving their game and playing some womens rep ultimate too!

    From here we can develop a strong mixed nats squad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I wondered if the Heroes had a woman's team and was going to suggest the name 'Wonder Women'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a women's team yet! Currently I am all on my lonesome in the AFDa rego and I need some friends!!

    If you want to play women's league, REGISTER NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura just signed up! how about steph? and Hans? and Tati???(prob not nat is playing bpl) Vanessa? Chani? Megs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be keen. What night is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ladies - sorry I've been waffling, but I've decided to stay with Nachos. They were the ones who welcomed me when I first arrived in Brisbane, and I'd also like to play with friends I don't get to play with on Mondays.

    I'm really glad Heroes will be present, and I'll be looking for some great frisbee from the Wonder Women!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i may be able to get you a number of ex-QUT women to come play if you need them. Let me know and i can send you some email adresses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes! We still need more women and all are welcome, send me the email addresses (Dan or Carl have my email).

    ReplyDelete